Exercises for Wak and the Raven
A. How much did you understand?
Put these sentences in the right order.
- “Let the big birds eat only meat. Let the small birds eat only fruit and seeds.”
- Now the birds could not live together peacefully.
- On he flew, closer and closer to the sun.
- The Raven was Wak's messenger.
- “I can eat meat and fruit, and anything I like.”
- “Let's ask our sheikh, the Raven.”
B. Who said these sentences?
- "We need a judge to help us."
- "I will ask our master, Wak, the Sun God."
- "But who is a big bird? Am I big?"
- "And who is a small bird? Am I small?"
- "And you? What will you eat, Raven?"
- "I am in the middle, not big, not small."
- "You have cheated us!"
- "Wak! Wak! Help me!"
C. Find out about birds
Ethiopia has more wild birds than most places in the world. The birds of Ethiopia are famous and people come from many different countries to see them.
Find out about Ethiopian birds. Make a list of all the bird names that you know.
What do they eat? Where do they make their nests?
Do you know why some birds are black, some are white, some are brown and some are brightly coloured?