Answers to the Exercises for Wak and the Raven
A. How much did you understand?
The right order of these sentences is 4, 2, 6, 1, 5, 3
The Raven was Wak's messenger.
Now the birds could not live together peacefully.
“Let's ask our sheikh, the Raven.”
“Let the big birds eat only meat. Let the small birds eat only fruit and seeds.”
“I can eat meat and fruit, and anything I like.”
On he flew, closer and closer to the sun.
B. Who said these sentences?
- "We need a judge to help us."
All the birds
- "I will ask our master, Wak, the Sun God."
- "But who is a big bird? Am I big?"
- "And who is a small bird? Am I small?"
- "And you? What will you eat, Raven?"
A little bird
- "I am in the middle, not big, not small."
- "You have cheated us!"
The other birds
- "Wak! Wak! Help me!"