Answers to the Exercises for The Lion's Bride Part 1
A. How much did you understand?
The right order of these sentences is 1, 3, 4, 2.
Suddenly, a lion jumped out of the bushes.
Again, the lion fell to the ground, and the bridegroom was on top of him.
So the lion tied the bridegroom's left hand behind his back.
Then the lion put on the bridegroom's clothes and he began to drive the cows to Fatuma's village.
The right order of these sentences is 6, 8, 5, 7.
"Bring me raw meat," answered the lion. "Don't cook it at all."
The lion took off his clothes, and Fatuma saw his fur.
"We will test him, then," said her father.
The next morning, the lion woke up very early.
B. Who said these sentences?
Who said these sentences?
- "Is he handsome? Is he clever?"
- "Who is the strongest? You or me?"
- "What do you like to eat?"
- "I can't sleep on this bed!"
- "What is it, Fatuma? Are you sick?"
- "His teeth are long, and his body is covered with fur."
- "Do you want us to be ashamed?"
- "Why is the village still asleep?"
C. Questions with "what"
Answer these questions
- What was the bridegroom doing when the lion jumped out of the bushes?
He was driving the dowry cows over the river.
- What did the lion tie behind the bridegroom's back?
The bridegroom's right hand/left hand/ hands.
- What did the lion want to eat?
- What did the lion want to sleep on?
Sticks and straw
- What did Fatuma see when the lion took off his clothes?